Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Epic Fail

So, it's me again. It's been a while. I feel like I have to get reacquainted with you all and gain your trust back. I know I come and go, but that's just how our relationship is. You understand.

Well, I have been a little busy between deciding to go to Nursing School, getting accepted into Nursing School (yay!), taking the Nursing Entrance Exam (phew!), then having to enroll in an English class to satisfy a pre-req (long story), then moving (down south), then having fleas in our new apartment (where's the tape!?) and having to keep everything off the carpet (for 2 weeks), then actually moving in (on to the carpet), then trying to find a nanny/daycare, then having to get all my stuff they need me to have for the Nursing program, and yeah...

It's been crazy 'round here. I was accepted into Saddleback's nursing program starting THIS FALL and I am so excited, but so nervous, and so sad, all at the same time. So excited to get in to the program because there was over 600 applicants this year and they accepted me (again :), so nervous because I hear it is such a tough program, and so sad to leave my little Him for 3 days a week for roughly the next two years. So so sad about this.

Speaking of my Little Him...

Here he is practicing his fake cough:
(I'm on to you ,little mister)

Here the little Ham is making his kazoo noise (drooling all the while...)


Oh, and have you met my other son...


Rick Moranis??
(I don't know where he picked this face up from. He's never seen any Rick Moranis movies.)

We have moved to Mission Viejo and we are really enjoying it. It was hard to leave though. I have been spending quite a bit of time trying to get our new place feeling like home.

Anyway... just a little updeezy since I haven't posted in a while

Oh, and the reason this post is called Epic Fail is because... that's what I am for slacking on my other "oh, I'm going to post a picture every day" blogs. Yeah right, and I'm sure most of you guys knew that it wasn't going to happen the second I posted about it. I mean, I can't even keep up with one blog...

I'm still going to try though.. But especially with Nursing School starting in a couple months, I am going to drop off the face of the Earth! and I'm not looking forward to it.

I've got to do it though. Strangely enough, I feel like it's what I'm supposed to do right now. Just with the timing and how everything has worked out...

It will just be for two years (sounds like a long time, but it's really not, in the grand scheme of things) and then we'll make it up to Klein and give him a brother :)

16 comments:

Deanna said...

love that face.
Good luck on getting settled in.
xoxoxo

The last Unicorn said...

Or a sister :)
I miss you guys already even though I didnt see you everyday when you were just 15 min away. I hope to still get together... you really are only about 30 min away now, but you are going to be one busy lady. Please dont drop off the face of the earth. Klein needs to meet James once he actually gets here!
Love ya and glad you are getting settled in, with out the fleas :)

Erin said...

Holy Canolis cuz! I can't believe you guys have been this busy lately! Congratulations on getting into a great nursing program. And good luck, especially with missing Klein:) You're such a great mom though, so don't worry too much about it! Just work hard and you'll be happy! Love you

Beth schell said...

congrats... on school, the move... etc. way to go! Nursing school is an unrealized dream of mine. But I'm glad you're doing it! I'm a fan of your version of Rick Moranis. I'd be okay if one of my kids came home and said, "honey, I shrunk mom's post-pregnancy belly."

Good luck getting adjusted. We're moving to Denver next week, and I'm excited, but nervous about starting all over, again.

Anonymous said...

Lots of changes and all of them good! :)

theriddle said...

Yeah!! Glad to hear from you again. That is very exciting about nursing school. Are you coming up to Utah this summer? There is a Moss mission reunion on July 23rd. We would love to see you!

Nichelle said...

so much going on! fleas?! sick! congratulations on getting into the nursing program there! out of 600 people?! i laughed so hard at that rick moranis face! what a cutie!

Proudfeet said...

Congratulations Callie! Times are a changin for your little family! All very exciting! Two years will be nothing! We are about to begin a four year school journey! Klein is looking so big!

trueblue said...

you will never regret going to school. i promise. i am so proud of you and your decision callie! it will be hard, but so worth it. start praying that klein will take longer daytime naps so you can study a little! ha ha

Cal said...

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement! It really helps!

Anonymous said...

Callie you make the Rick Morianus face all the time! Your always like "WHAT!?" then you say "I don't do that." haha Love you hope everything is good.

Danielle Locken said...

:) how did i not see this update until just now? anyway, you know i'm excited for you & i think klein will like making friends with a nanny and/or others babies in day care for a few days a week. 2 years will fly by and then klein's brother can hang out with our kid, which, interestingly, is taking two years to fully grow inside my belly instead of nine months.

Danielle Feldman said...

So proud of you, Callie. You will do great at everything.

The last Unicorn said...

we did see you at the angel game! I tried getting your attention but you were too far. can we get together soon??? before you are thrown into the trenches of school?

Nova said...

You don't know me, I am new to this blogging thing, but I came across the Rick Moranis pic and I am still laughing out loud, nearly 5 minutes later! What an awesome pic and a really beautiful boy. I was having a sort of down evening, but that picture really lifted my spirit. Thank you!

Sandy Moen said...

Wow... it sounds like you've got a handful! It makes my life sound manageable... good luck, and your little guy is so adorable.