Thursday, November 6, 2008

Don John Juanito (that's his full name, but not many people know that) was in town for a couple weeks from The Army. With this as the sitchiation, we had to do something unprecedented. John treated his eldest sister to a nite on the town in a sushi cooking class. We had such fun and impressed ourselves quite a bit with our sushi instincts. We made handrolls, nigiri, cut rolls, and yeah. We made the rice, we cut our own pieces of fish and mixed our own spicy tuna and with our crazy knife skills, we chop chop chopped our way to sushi heaven. Hey, we had a great time... so sushi me!


This is how I roll.

Here goes nothin. (Our first bites of our own sushi. This can be a scary thing.)

My Dear Nigiri. (Focus on the top one and just kind of skim past the other two weird looking ones.)

John's mastering the ancient ritualistic sushi art. Such precision. Except for when he cut his finger... just kidding.

Wasabi John

John's wasabi.

I had so much fun John!! Thanks a wasabillion.

9 comments:

Danielle Locken said...

WOW! I want to get in on this. WOW WOW WOW.

jenn (+ will) said...

YUMMY/FUN!!!! :)

Sjauna said...

That is AWESWOME! and I'm starting to feel like saying awesome makes me seem old. Do you think? Should I say something cooler, like sick?

The Taggarts said...

Hey! I need your e-mail to add you on the VIP List. =0)
Thanks!
Suzie

Anonymous said...

I haven't had sushi in soooo long (being that I was pregnant and all). It sounds so good. We'd love to see you guys in January (although the weather is not so hot around then, seriously July-September is prime time)...I think AnnE was thinking about coming out sometime then too. Just let me know when...

Ashley Webb said...

OK - I did not even recognize John in that first picture. Or the second. Tell him hi for me. And the food looks good. Scary, but good. :)

Proudfeet said...

Are we going to see you guys for Christmas?

Erin said...

First of all--did you take these pictures? They are so great! Secondly, Jon looks great! Thirdly, how come you blog without me knowing it and I blog without you knowing it. Fourthly, I blog stalked and found Anne's blog, too. Fifthly, thanks for your comment on my blog... Last of all. I am following your blog now:) Love you! I'll do another giveaway!

Anonymous said...

CALLIE DON"T BE PUTTING OUT MY FULL NAME!! It makes it easier for Credit Card high-jackers!!!