Friday, February 20, 2009

Testing, Testing, 123

My sister-in-law Danielle had a very interesting blog post about colors and how we all see colors differently, some can distinguish colors and hues better than others (studies show that some women have an advantage over men in this arena.) This is a concept we were taught also in A Devil Wears Prada as Meryl Streep's character teaches Anne Hathaway's character about the particular color her ugly sweater is, a color that was picked for her by people in that very room.

There is a test you can take called the Munsell Hue Test that gives you a score of how well you see color. Danielle is an artist so this topic is of great importance in her work, and since I know some of you are artists, (you know who you are) and some of you think you are (like me, you know who you are too :) I thought this test would be fun to take!

I have also decided to initiate a competition between my husband (with artist genes) and myself.
I surprised myself with my score and originally I thought Grant would win me, but now I'm not so sure he can! I will let you know who wins. In the meantime, let's see how you guys do!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

PS If I was married to Tom Cruise, I'd be one of those ladies in the fancy dresses. I deserve a break once in awhile! Where are you Tom Cruise?!
xoxoxo

Proudfeet said...

Ok that was not easy! But super cool! I have never seen anything like it! I scored a 14.

Cal said...

Okay, I won! I got a 4 and Grant got a 14, same as Leah, my amazing artist cousin! It just proves you need more than a good eye for color to be an artist. Something I don't have but Grant and Leah do.

Beth schell said...

I heart your blog! I totally bought some kitchen towels from World Market to sewing into aprons for a young womens activity. Thanks for the suggestion. I love your photography flowers!

Sjauna said...

Hey! I finally did this, and I got a 17. I thought I was doing pretty good too. Danget. I guess I could have moved the computer into better light and tried a little harder...

Anonymous said...

I got a 12. CALLIE that was cool definitely more stuff life this.